Dear Fellow Sojourners,
As we approach the end of 2016 and look forward to all that 2017 has in store, I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks. Your support and encouragement have made this an unforgettable year.
- Free Mom Hugs Tour 2017: Destination Stonewall Inn. I am glad to welcome Sara Cunningham (author of “How We Sleep at Night”) into a partnership for a multi-city tour bringing hope, encouragement and the love-only-a-mom-can-give to each stop. We will culminate the tour at Stonewall Inn in New York City on Mother’s Day! Much more about this to come soon.
- Publishing. We will be working on two major projects this year. The first is a children’s book illustrating the experience of growing up with Asperger’s. The second will be an anthology of stories and photos we collect on the Free Mom Hugs Tour. I’ll also be working on my second book, which I aim to release in the spring of 2018.
- Planning Conferences/Seminars. We are in the early exploratory stage of bringing a Gender conference to the DFW area as well as other training and educational seminars over the course of the year.
- Attending Conferences. Being where people gather is a key to broadening the influence and effectiveness of Sophia Sojourn. The learning, teaching and networking that happens at these events is critical to our success.
- Coaching and Coffee. Whether in a formal coaching environment (still in development) or informally meeting for coffee and mutual encouragement, each week brings opportunities to pursue the objective of reaching one heart, one family, one pulpit at a time.
On a personal note, I hope to be closing a deal on the boat this week. After that I will be traveling through the middle of January and will need to find a new living situation when I come back to Dallas. I’m also still in the process of pursuing my legal name change. If all goes well that will wrap up in mid January as well. December and January are the months all my kids have birthdays! I have to get used to saying 22, 17 and 12! They just keep growing in every way possible and it’s amazing to get a front row seat where I can watch their lives unfold.
Again thank you for your support and encouragement. It’s been an amazing journey of faith and light and I know there is still so much more to come.
Peace and Love to you and yours,
;Laura Beth Taylor
1565 W Main Street
Lewisville, TX 75067